Custom keyboards disappearing

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by EJ8, Sep 19, 2014.

1. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

Happened three times today and I'm not completely sure how they returned. Maybe a reboot. But after installing and even using Swype, SwiftKey, etc I will go to an app that has a keyboard and the globe in the bottom left where you choose the keyboard will just not be there.

2. shadedred macrumors member

Swiftkey does this to me every now and then - toggling on and off the "Allow Full Access" toggle in Settings fixes it.

3. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

I've seen this a few times too. The other related problem that I've seen is that it will randomly switch back to the apple keyboard for no good reason too (and not when I'm entering passwords... I expect the apple keyboard there).

I did have three or four third party keyboards installed and enabled and I've since tried to just enable the one I'm currently using and that seems to have helped a bit, but it didn't totally solve the problem.

4. Jws macrumors regular

I only have Swiftkey installed as a third-party keyboard. I'm having the same problem as BrettDS, wherein the keyboard will swap back to the default Apple keyboard sometimes for no reason. It hasn't completely disappeared on me, though, since I can just switch back to it.

5. mush10 macrumors regular

I removed them all for now. Still have apps so I can know when they update to try again, but I deleted them out of the keyboard section in settings for now.

6. EJ8 thread starter macrumors 6502a

EJ8

This is still happening but now - I can't make the globe or any third party apps appear ever. They're just gone. WTF?

7. 3square macrumors regular

Ditto, it's annoying. Give them a chance they'll fix it soon enough. Also I hope they'll add the dictation button too. Seems like it's a step backward to gain swype functionality but t lose dictation