custom macbook covers advice?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by l23negade, Apr 10, 2008.

1. l23negade macrumors newbie

i'm not particularly fond of some of the commercial macbook skins out there, so i'm interested in creating my own.

i'd like to create something similar to this:
    [​IMG]

clearly, there's some sort of custom/created skin (vinyl, perhaps?) on top of the actual macbook without covering the macintosh light. on top of that is a black incase cover.

any tips on creating something along these lines? methods/tools/supplies?
    thanks!:D

2. macrack macrumors newbie

I have an black incase hard cover (which I think is by far the cat's @$$) on a white macbook. It is somewhat see through so you should be able to put your own artwork or photos underneath to see them. It's hard to tell by your pic but it almost looks like a white incase on a blackbook with the art cut around the logo. Either way may give you what your looking for.

3. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

I just put a full body invisible shield on mine, and then drew all over it with sharpies, stick on letters, newsprint, etc. :)

4. l23negade thread starter macrumors newbie

actually i believe it's a black incase cover over a black macbook. i understand the incase covers are somewhat transparent, but is the artwork cover on the actual macbook an actual cover that sticks to the top of the macbook or simply just a piece of paper?

5. l23negade thread starter macrumors newbie

6. macrack macrumors newbie

I don't know the answer to that, but I would think just a piece of paper would look the same. Either way it would look very similar. Contact the person with the photos? Good luck.

7. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

That's a Macbook Pro, actually. I just noticed. See how the DVD slot is on the front, next to the release latch? and that the DVI cord comes from the right side and not the left?

WHICH, subsequently, also means that it's not an incase shell, as they haven't been released for the MBP yet.

8. jbroox macrumors newbie

9. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I recommend uniqueskins.com. They do a great (and custom) job on first rate 3m vinyl. Plus, use coupon code 25off and get the skin dirt, dirt cheap.

10. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

where can i get like a plastic sheet or w.e like a cover cheap...best buy or somewhere?

11. proof71991 macrumors newbie

looks like an incase logo

I can't find a hardshell incase product for the MacBook Pro on the website but if you look at the post with the second group of photos and the website (or anyone who has one can confirm this) that it is an incase logo on the lower corner. I may be wrong but im pretty sure thats what I see.

12. timestoby macrumors 6502

just get a clear hard body casing then you could put ur own art on the inside of it and change when you want or just stick stuff on the outter clear shell.

13. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

All you need is:
    • Lots of stickers
    • Incase Hardshell

You could either stick the stickers directly onto the MacBook, or to the inside of the hardshell.

The MBP Incase Hardshell will be available at the latest in the first half of May.

14. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Here's mines... Heath Ledger from 'The Dark Knight' (Batman).

Looks absolutely fantastic.

15. MyTEGO macrumors newbie

www.MyTego.com allows customers to design the skin to look any way they want.
    We make vinyl stickers that peel off easily so they don't ruin the laptop when you want to take it off to change the look of your laptop.