Custom Mail sound

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by barebackbadger8, Mar 24, 2011.

1. barebackbadger8, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011

barebackbadger8 macrumors 6502

barebackbadger8

hi
    just got me a 13" MBP 2010 (Cheap i may add) anyway having no problems so far.....well apart from one

i remember on my old white macbook/mini i could change the sound that Mail made when i received a new email.
    well i have changed the sound, added my futurama bender wav, also as an mp3 but when i get an email its silent and no sound is made!
    as soon as i change it to the default mail sound, it makes a noise!

How do i get it to make the noise i want it to?

EDIT: i have highlighted a couple of items to delete, so i highlight them and press the delete button. but when i do it plays that futurama bender mp3?
    what have i done wrong?

2. TreoRenegade macrumors regular

For reasons completely beyond my comprehension, I had the same problem. Somewhere along the line, I changed the filename so there would be no spaces. No problems thereafter. Go figure.

3. barebackbadger8, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011

barebackbadger8 thread starter macrumors 6502

barebackbadger8

my sound name doesnt have a space in it though!
    whats weird though, if i go to system preferences, sounds and highlight the sound. when i press delete it make that noise
    ok sorted the press delete noise lol i didnt know the sound in preferences were for alerts, so ive sorted that!
    just want my own mac mail :(