Custom Order from Future Shop?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mike2732, Mar 10, 2011.

1. mike2732 macrumors member

Hey, I've been trying since Saturday to get a high-end 15" with Hi-res Anti-Glare from Future Shop, as well as the student discount that Apple offers (using price-match guarantee).

After 6 days I just found out they won't match the Apple student price, and will only give me $100, (not $200) off.

Not only that, but they said it's going to take 2 (TWO!!!) weeks for them just to get a CODE in their system for the custom build (SKU code). And on top of that it's going to take more time after I order it.

So basically it takes Future Shop a whole FOUR weeks to get a damn code in their system just so I can order a custom build?

Freakin' ridiculous if you ask me.
    P.s. don't ask me why I don't buy directly from Apple, I have a very good reason

Anyway, I'm wondering if anybody else has had experiences custom ordering from Future Shop? Maybe it's just this one location that has a weird policy?

2. Prozone macrumors newbie

At the rate my delivery is going, you might actually be better off ordering from Futureshop

3. mike2732 thread starter macrumors member

No way, I would pick direct from Apple anyday. That way I could actually get the FULL student discount, and have it shipped right away.

My way, I have to wait 2 weeks just to place the order, and I don't get the same discount.