Custom ringtone for contact?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Imola Ghost, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I was wondering if I can assign a custom ringtone for a contact?

2. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Yes just go to edit contact and choose which ringtone you want to assign to that specific contact and save...

3. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

You can as long as its a ringtone you have on your phone. Go to the contacts/phone app. Select the person you want to change, edit their info. One of the options is ringtone. It'll be set to default. Select that and you'll be brought to your ringtones page to give them a specific one.

Edit:Ajones beat me to it.

4. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

Open up your contact list. Select whoever you want to assign a ringtone to. Click the edit button in the top right hand corner and you will see an option called "ringtone" appear. You can also set different text tones for different contacts.

5. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Were you three racing or something? Three replies within 60sec!

OP- I think if you go to your contact list and press assign ringtone it may work. I'd wait for a few more people to confirmation though.

6. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

Absolutely. I missed my old Nokia's TEXT-TO-SPEECH Talking Caller ID... so I created an app for that! There are free versions... search for AutoRingtone.

7. Acronym macrumors 68000

custom ringtones are great I can tell whos calling before I even look at my phone.

check my signature for a list of over 300 usable ringtones, and as the others have stated it is quite easy to assign ringtones to your contacts.