Custom Ringtone Issue

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Seattleite, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Seattleite macrumors member

Seattleite

When I upgraded to iOS 5 on my iPhone 4, my custom ringtones still show up, but they do not work when the person calls. I verified that the ringtone is set in the person's contact info and when I click on it in contact, it plays just fine.

Any ideas on how to fix this without having to recreate the custom ringtone?

2. alucinari macrumors newbie

Set the tone to something else, save the contact, go back in and change it back.

3. hbdude macrumors newbie

By chance have you duplicated a contact by mistake? I loaded a custom ringtone onto my wife's ip4 & set it to play when I called her. It didn't work.

I discovered my contacts were still on her ip4, my old phone, and that I was listed as a contact twice. Either delete the duplicated contact or set both contact entries for the custom ringtone.

4. Seattleite thread starter macrumors member

Seattleite

When I go into my contact and view All Contacts, my husband is just listed once, but under his ringtone, it said, "Multiple ringtones". Not sure why it came up like that since I only see his name in there once, but I changed it to the ringtone I wanted, so we'll see if that works!