Custom Ringtones: 7.4.2/1.1.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RossoA, Oct 12, 2007.

1. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

Anyone know of a way to make custom ringtones in iTunes 7.4.2 and on an iPhone running 1.1.1 firmware - I don't have my iPhone yet but I don't want to put any 3rd party software on it or do anything like that.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ross.

2. ejrizo macrumors 6502

ejrizo

you can downgrade your itunes to 7.4 and there is a workaround method using itunes to get them on there... no hacking involved... search for it here

3. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

lol I'm about ready to just spend the $2 so I can always have a ringtone :p

4. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

The workaround works great. Ambrosia also reports being in beta for their 1.1.1 ringtone app.

5. rmapple macrumors newbie

rmapple

The best way would be to buy them from the iTunes Store :D

6. philhyde macrumors member

I downgraded from 7.4.3 to 7.4 and I could not get the workaround to work. :(

7. philhyde macrumors member

Yes this does work, however I'm not going to re-buy the hundreds of CD's that I already own! :mad: :apple:

8. artemka macrumors member

No Way... iTunes doesn't have any russian songs out of 150 I used to have ringtones from on my samsung.

Does that iTune downgrade to 1.4 workaround works on Windows or just Mac?

9. artemka macrumors member

I have another question here before downgrading the iTunes.. I've bought a song and made a ringtone out of it.. now if I export the library and than import it back to iTunes 1.4 ... will that song and ringtone still be there and will i be able to get it work on iPhone? THanks

10. philhyde macrumors member

Mine did. Maybe that has something to do with why new ones aren't working. Maybe I didn't downgrade properly?

11. avalys macrumors 6502

You only have to pay for the songs you want to use - just how many ringtones do you need?

12. philhyde macrumors member

Yes, good point. Sorry I was exaggerating.

13. ejrizo macrumors 6502

ejrizo

some more info...

i am on a mac

and i had purchased a ringtone using 7.4.2 and then downgraded to 7.4 and my purchased ringtone is still functioning.

14. artemka macrumors member

What steps did u use to downgrade in order to keep purchased ringtones? Did u export library first? than uninstalled the 7.4.2 (i actuallly have 7.4.3).. can someone write the steps how to do it and keep purchased ringtones? thanks

15. ajl917 macrumors 6502

A way that will work if you have the program Send Song is edit the part that you want on your cpu with a free program or if you want the song to start in the beginning, then you are fine. Put the song on your iphone and using Send Song, send it to ringtones, make it your default, and your set. And dont worry about uninstalling it because it will not cause any changes.

16. ejrizo macrumors 6502

ejrizo

all i did was dump the 7.4.2 version in the trash and then installed 7.4 worked like a charm...

but since you have 7.4.3 i assume you are on a pc... im not sure if the workaround works on a pc... but it would be worth a shot... let me know how it goes if you get it to work...

17. artemka macrumors member

Yes I"m on PC. DOes anyone can tell me the steps of workaround? I'll try it on PC. Hope it works... I want my ringtones on iPhone, iTunes don't have those even close :(