Custom ringtones for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Diatribe, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Is there a website where you can download custom iPhone ringtones?
    Since they're so easy to do with GarageBand now I'd figure that there is but I haven't found anything so far.

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

if theyre so easy to do, why not make them yourself? :p

chances of you getting free ones is unlikely....

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

There are Googles and Googles...

(not sure if those are words?) of websites, just google: "Apple iPhone Ringtone Websites" and there should be about 234,000 hits on your first try. :cool:

4. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

If You Have A Mac

1) Pick your song you want to turn into a ringtone in iTunes.
    2) Right click>Get Info or File>Get Info or Apple>I.
    3) Go to Options when the Get Info window opens.
    4) Click the check boxes to initiate Start and Stop time, manually entering the start and finish time of the song you want as a ringtone.
    5) Now, hit Okay.
    6) Next, go to Advanced>Convert Selection to AAC, this will create a copy of the song, but just the portion you want as a ringtone.
    7) The copy will be right under the original in iTunes, you will see the difference in times with the selection you chose should be at a ringtone length, like :30 seconds or so. Right-click on the selection and choose Show in Finder, or File>Show in Finder, it should be an m4a file.
    8) Simply click on the file name to edit it and change it to an m4r, this will change it into a ringtone to be recognized by iTunes.
    9) Go back to iTunes, find the short selection of the song that you converted to a ringtone and drag it out of iTunes to your desktop.
    10) It will make a copy of it and it should now be in your iTunes and desktop. Then, back in iTunes, delete the selection you just moved to the desktop.
    11) Double-click on the file you dragged to your desktop and it should open up and play in the "Ringtones" section of your iTunes.
    12) Sync.

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I'll continue to stand by iRinger. It's the best one I've found for Windows.

6. USMCSSGT macrumors member

USMCSSGT

7. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe

I did, I just thought there were pages where people would be sharing them.

Anyway, thanks for the answers, I'll keep looking.

8. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe

This is really cool. I always made some in GarageBand but this is great for the fast ringtone from a song. Thanks a lot. :)

9. evhoria macrumors newbie

issue

Hey guys. I'm having an issue with getting ringtones on my iphone. Yes I know it 's a few simple steps but... yeah.

So I get the ringtones on my itunes succefully. I sync them to my iphone. The first one goes in fine. When I transfer the second one over, it transfers fine BUT on my iphone i see the 1 of the 2 songs listed twice and i don't see the second one. If i transfer a third song, 1 song will be displayed three times in my ringtones section and the other two songs won't be displayed. Has anyone experienced this?

Iphone firmware: 1.1.2
    Itunes: 7.6.1.9

10. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

11. William Gates macrumors 6502

William Gates

I'm having the same problem, my old ringtones are on there, but the one's i just made aren't on there except for the first in alphanumeric order.

12. evhoria macrumors newbie

Maybe it's itunes? which version did you use to import the old ringtones? what iphone firmware are you on?

Basically did you change anything between the old ringtones and the new ones?

Did you restore the iphone?
    Did you reset the settings?
    etc.

Why does this happen is what I'm trying to figure out. Anyone know?