Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Hey people! I'd like to ask something I found Catalina lacked compared to Mojave: can anyone confirm If they re-added a way to easily transfer custom ringtones to my iPhone? Catalina was a mess and that's why I stayed in Mojave.

Thank you for your help ;)

peter34

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2019
I just connected iPhone to MacBook Air with Big Sur and iPhone in finder is mounting and dismounting and it repeats like that all the time.
So can't say how it works. We will see maybe in next beta.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Portugal
I just connected iPhone to MacBook Air with Big Sur and iPhone in finder is mounting and dismounting and it repeats like that all the time.
So it connects and disconnects constantly?

Stephen.R

Suspended
Nov 2, 2018
Thailand
Hey people! I'd like to ask something I found Catalina lacked compared to Mojave: can anyone confirm If they re-added a way to easily transfer custom ringtones to my iPhone? Catalina was a mess and that's why I stayed in Mojave.

Thank you for your help ;)
You know you can just drag the ringtone files to the iPhone in the finder sidebar (in Catalina) right?

I agree it’s not quite as easy as it was in iTunes but it’s hardly rocket science, it’s drag and drop.

donawalt

Contributor
Sep 10, 2015
You know you can just drag the ringtone files to the iPhone in the finder sidebar (in Catalina) right?

@Stephen.R Not on my Mac...I tried dragging a .m4r file that I had used in the past as a ring tone, under Catalina, in Finder, to my phone in the Sidebar, and it just bounces back. I use IMazing to do it. Maybe there is something else needed or a setting or something, but it sure doesn't work that way for me.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 14, 2011
Portugal
@Stephen.R Not on my Mac...I tried dragging a .m4r file that I had used in the past as a ring tone, under Catalina, in Finder, to my phone in the Sidebar, and it just bounces back. I use IMazing to do it. Maybe there is something else needed or a setting or something, but it sure doesn't work that way for me.
Yeah I heard people complaining that in Catalina, the drag and drop way was no longer there. Is iMazing is a good program for that? If so, I might just update to Big Sur when it comes out.

Dhock_Holiday

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2019
I have the same problem with Catalina, the only way to reliably sync my iPhone is to connect it with a cable

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.