Custom Ringtones Issues (more than one custom)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trogdor!, Feb 17, 2008.

1. trogdor! macrumors regular

I have a 16gb iphone stock with no mods. I love the gb method for creating ringtones for the iphone. Can you only have one custom ring on the phone at a time? Here is my problem.

I created one custom ringtone in GB, export to itunes as ringtone, sync, awesome, works great.

I create a second, export, shows up in itunes, sync, and all goes well, two ringtones show up in itunes, and they both show up under the iphone.

But when I go to the iphone, scroll to custom, thier is "song 2" listed twice on the custom tones list and its the 2nd most recent tone I made. I go back to itunes and look at ringtones directory of iphone, it has the two different tones I listed, but on the phone, it has two entries of "song 2" which was the second tones i created. Anyone have any idea whats goin on?

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Do you have the phone set to sync manually? Try setting it to automatic sync and see if that fixes the problem.

3. Gondry macrumors member

Same here, I made the ringtones on the same track and at the same time in GB maybe that has a part to play.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

When you create a ringtone in Garageband, make sure that you give it each new one a new project name. Also make sure the iPhone is set to auto sync when you sync the ringtones.