Custom Ringtones not syncing in iOS5 Beta 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SIUGRAD99, Aug 20, 2011.

1. SIUGRAD99 macrumors regular

Has anyone noticed this? It shows in ITunes that they should sync, but none of my contacts have custom ringtones any longer and they aren't available to assign ?

2. Norouzi macrumors 6502

Have you unchecked to sync your ringtones, applied the change, re-checked and synced again? I've had that problem in a couple of the beta's. That's always fixed it for me.

3. Avenged110, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011

Avenged110 macrumors 6502

That is identical to what happened to me. I cannot get them to sync regardless of what I try. Resyncing did just as much nothing as reinstalling iTunes. Anybody got any suggestions?

4. synchro505 macrumors newbie

Using an iPhone 4 original. Everything but custom ringtones works fine after upgrading to iOS5.

I've restored the phone twice (second time restored as new iPhone), un-installed iTunes 10.5 and deleted all related preferences and re-installed it. (Mac runnings 10.6.8)

Ringtones is missing on the top middle row of iTunes as possible areas to sync. Weird.

The ringtones appear in grey listed beneath the iPhone icon in iTunes. I've turned on and off Ringtones in iTunes preferences. I re-converted the audio files to .m4a to m4r and re-dragged them to the iPhone and tried to sync. No go.

I think I'm going to wipe the phone again and try syncing it on another Mac. Perhaps use the reset feature on the iPhone itself.