Custom ringtones Razr v3c

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by trainguy77, Jul 30, 2007.

1. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I have a new Razr v3c and am trying to get custom ringtones onto it. Yet when i browse the device and put files in the ringtones folder it just moves them to the audio folder then i can only play them not set them as a ring tone. Am i doing something wrong? Is there certain Specs the song has to be too? I am with telus so no locking of the phone like with verizon.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

when i had a v3c, it seemed as though the phone couldn't handle using mp3s as ringtones. it would load too slowly, and by the person calling would have already hung up by the time the ringtone started to play. i got myself a v3i to alleviate the situation (later replaced with an iphone, of course).

3. trainguy77 thread starter macrumors 68040

hmmm ic how did you get it on though?

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i transferred the file via bluetooth.

5. wallaby macrumors 6502

wallaby

I've tried this with my own Verizon phone and it seems they simply do not let you add mp3 ringtones that easily. They want you to pay for them via V-cast, of course. But there are ways around it. BitPim is a very useful program for getting custom mp3 ringtones onto your phone, and Audacity + lib lame to save as mp3s is the best way to edit mp3s into smaller, more saliable ringtones. More information available at http://www.howardforums.com

6. trainguy77 thread starter macrumors 68040

Ok well I figured out how to do it.http://www.paulyblog.com/2007/06/22/10-steps-to-use-your-own-ringtones-on-your-razr-v3c/ and just to clarify i had no problems putting it on the phone it just wouldn't recognize as a ringtone only as a audio file for playback. But that link fixes it. Yeah wallaby my problem wasn't getting it onto the phone it was getting it to play as a ringtone instead of as regular music. As i am not with verizon.

7. insan56 macrumors member

i am having problems doing this via bluetooth! and i am using BitPim and the program will not recognize my phone.

8. trainguy77 thread starter macrumors 68040

I had the same thing. i copied the ringtones by bluetooth then plugged it into USB to make bitpim recognize it. I had a cable from my cannon camera i used. Then it works fine.

9. insan56 macrumors member

does this have to be done on the PC because even now that im using a cable it still is not working

10. trainguy77 thread starter macrumors 68040

No it worked just fine on my mac. make sure your settings select USB in Bitpim.

11. insan56 macrumors member

i see what i was doing wrong. you had to go under View- View Filesystem then you could see the files!

12. vwDavid macrumors regular

I am trying to do the same with my V3C but BitPim on my imac - I can log into my phone, find the files to delete but bit pim won't allow me to delete. The delete button doesn't work.
    Anyone available to help me a little more?

13. trainguy77 thread starter macrumors 68040

Are you connecting via USB?

14. vwDavid macrumors regular

Ok, I found that the delete command in the contextual menu works. So I was able to delete the file, reboot the phone. I can see the mp3 but it doesn't actually play.

I downsampled it to 32 Khz 7.6 meg to 900k file size. Are there certain specifications the mp3 has to be to be able to play?

It won't play from the media browser either.

15. vwDavid macrumors regular

got it to work by increasing bitrate to a more normal 128kbps.

thx