Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qaanol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Is there a tweak for iOS 7 that lets you set up custom gestures in Safari?

I’m contemplating whether to upgrade to iOS 7, but one of my most-used tweaks is FullScreen for Safari which, in addition to what its name implies, also lets you set up custom actions for gestures within Safari, and I’m pretty sure it doesn’t work on iOS 7.

To give a feel for what I’m talking about, here are some of the gestures I use:

Triple-tap: Show the tab switcher
Triple-tap and hold: Toggle fullscreen (completely hides all UI)
Two-finger swipe down: Scroll to top
Two-finger swipe up: Scroll to bottom
Tap and hold: Show action popup (see image)

IMG_7940.PNG

It also lets you configure special actions for when you pull beyond the edge of a page, which I have set like this:

Left: Go back
Right: New tab
Top: Show bookmarks
Bottom: Toggle fullscreen

I know iOS 7 has introduced swipe to go back and forwards, which is nice, but I’d really like a way to go completely fullscreen in Safari and still have customizable controls the way I have now.

So, is there anything comparable to FullScreen for Safari that works in iOS 7?

rutiger

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2006
i don't know of anything. if you find something please share. i too would like customizable gestures as i'd like gesture based back back/forward & tab switching. right now chrome has the tab piece and safari has the other. i want both option in one browser and don't really care if it's safari or chrome (as long as i can set default browser to chrome).

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Seipneizer for safari has finger gestures, pull to refresh gestures, and tap gestures, plus some other features. Not sure how customizable they are but worth looking into for sure. r_plus is a solid jailbreak developer.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
So, is there anything comparable to FullScreen for Safari that works in iOS 7?

Currently, nope. The best is hiding the status bar in Safari via, say, Flex 2. Then, however, the command bar's coordinates will be a bit off on the iPad, making the use of it a bit harder than without the hacks. (Nevertheless, I still hide the status bar on my iOS7 iPads.)

Qaanol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Seipneizer for safari has finger gestures, pull to refresh gestures, and tap gestures, plus some other features. Not sure how customizable they are but worth looking into for sure. r_plus is a solid jailbreak developer.

Thanks, I’ll have to check that out.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Thanks, I’ll have to check that out.

Awesome. r_plus is really good. Hopefully it'll suit your needs until Fullscreen for Safari gets updated :D

----------

just installed it and it might be just what i needed. can set custom taps or gestures for tab switching (amongst lots of other things).

thanks for the tip!

Awesome! Glad it's working for you. Maybe I'll have to try it too. Been waiting for Fullscreen for Safari since I purchased that a couple years ago lol. Time for me to switch it up I guess!

Qaanol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Tapping the status bar anywhere in iOS scrolls to the top. So at least that one is taken care of :D

Except when you run Safari in true fullscreen, meaning the status bar is invisible too, like I’ve been doing on iOS 6. That way I maximize the screen area showing each webpage, and the gestures still let me control the app. I’m hoping to be able to do the same if/when I go the iOS 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.