Custom Settings in Compressor

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by dhgeyer, Jan 22, 2012.

1. dhgeyer macrumors newbie

I added several custom settings in Compressor, so that I could use the "Export Using Compressor Settings" in FCPX. Now I don't seem to be able to delete any of them, or add new ones. They are frozen. Does anyone know where they are stored, or what I might do to fix this, or what I might have done to break it?

Thanks!

Dave Geyer

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you tried deleting the "com.apple.Compressor.CompressorSharedService.plist" file in Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Library / Preferences / yet?

3. dhgeyer thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. Sounds like it might shake things up!

4. dhgeyer thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, thanks for trying, but that didn't do it. Still stuck with the same 5 custom settings I had before. Maybe if I uninstall the program and download/install it again.

5. dhgeyer thread starter macrumors newbie

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. I guess it's a bug. Have to live with it. That means I always have to send to Compressor. I thought Apple stuff was supposed to work!!!!

6. dhgeyer thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, found a solution. I found where the Compressor custom settings files live, one file per setting set. FCPX was deleting them upon exit. Still don't know why, or why it started doing that when it wasn't before. Anyway, I just locked the files and made them read only once I created them. They still work, and they don't get deleted.

I am sure this is a bug. There's no setting to control it that I can find.