Custom Signal Icons!?!?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TL24, Jan 27, 2012.

1. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

Can someone please tell me how I'm supposed to install/use these Icons? Do we just drop it into the "Themes.Hi4P2" folder to use in Winterboard? I tried that and selected it but it didn't change anything.

I'm trying to use the following mod:

http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=747001

Thanks!!

2. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

They go in /Library/Themes/ThemeName.theme/UIImages/ subfolder. If the subfolder does not exist, you can create it. Of course replace 'ThemeName' with the name of the theme you want to add them to (or create a new .theme folder).

4. TL24 thread starter macrumors 6502a

TL24

Cool, I got the silver files to work but I'm a bit confused with the blacks?

There are multiple Black file names and on this post he has two of the same being renamed to two different file names? When I look at the files I have the first Black files are:

Black_0_Bars.png
    Black_0_Bars@2x.png

Should I do the following:

Black_0_Bars.png ---> WhiteOnBlackEtch_0_Bars.png
    Black_0_Bars@2x.png ---> WhiteOnBlackShadhow_0_Bars@2x.png

???????

5. Tokes Green, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

The link you have quoted explains all you need to know about changing the file names, read it thoroughly!
    ...http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16811325

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

The @2x files are for Retina displays (iPhone 4 and 4S). You need a WhiteOnBlackEtch_ and WhiteOnBlackShadhow_ version for each resolutions. We'll -- you actually only need the one for your device. You can delete the others if you don't need them.

7. mlf1210 macrumors newbie

Help Installing UIImages

Hello thelatinist! I wanted to say thanks for all the advice you have been giving TL24 I have been reading and I have dowloaded Icon Images from

http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16807022

and they come with three folders for each color:

1. Bundles / com.apple.springboard Folder
    2. Folders / UIKit.framework
    3. UIImages

I did what you said and I created a Theme Folder called ColouredStatusBarIcons.theme and then I placed the UIImages folder right into it.

I then went to Winterboard and selected the theme and did a respring. Nothing happened no icon changed at all. Could you please help me with this and also could you explain what the other folders are for and where they go?

Thanks thelatinis and anyone else that may help me on this issue. I have been trying for two days now to get all my icons red.

8. XweAponX macrumors newbie

I renamed some images I wanted to use for the main Status bar, using WhiteOnBlackEtch they show up.

I made an alternate set using ColorOnGrayShadow, but those do not show up when I am in an app. It may be somethign to do with that adaptive status bar that changes colours.

I need to copy the images also into the Bundles/Com.Apple.Springboard as well?