Custom slide to unlock text

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jamesapp, Oct 21, 2010.

1. jamesapp macrumors 6502a

Hello,
    I had a winterboard theme that changed "slide to unlock" text on my iPhone. I have an iPhone 4 now.

I was wondering if I can still use this theme. Like is the com.apple.springboard in the same location? And the text will apear ok with the hd retina display?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Download "MyStrings" from Cydia. This will allow you to change text that appears in the OS like the unlock slider.

3. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

The location is System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English (or which ever language you use)/SpringBoard.strings

If your winterboard theme uses that path you're all set. If not it's very easy to change yourself. Make a backup copy of the original first. The top line will read "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" = "slide to unlock". Change the "slide to unlock" to what ever you'd like.

Respring and you're all done.

4. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Is there a way to edit this for specific apps though? Such as removing facebook notification's "slide to view"?

5. jamesapp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hello

I made a theme with that path and tried to activate it in winterboard with no luck. A couple of things:

On my Mac when I make a folder with .app extension my Mac turns it into an application I think. I tried to make a theme with a folder without .app with it and I tried it without .app, and adding stuff and then changing the folder to .app I think the folder would be SpringBoard.app"

Another thing I have an old theme where I successfully changed the slide to unlock text and it has a folder called Bundles and then a strings file called SpringBoard.strings, I opened that file on my Mac and it looks like a plush file.

I am going to try and edit the file you mentioned in iFile, and see if that works.

6. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I'm not very good with winterboard themes but I think this may work...

Make a new folder and name it what you'd like. Put a .theme extension after it. OS X will ask if your sure you want to add a .theme extension...click yes.

Inside that folder create another folder called Bundles. Inside Bundles create a folder called com.apple.springboard. Inside that create another called en.lproj and put the edited SpringBoard.strings in there.

If that's written in a confusing way here's a screen shot of the path in Finder...

Attached Files:

7. jamesapp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok

Does anyone have a copy of SpringBoard.strings file

It is the one with the path:
    System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English

I edited the file without backing it up. And I put in a space after ", and now I get an error when I try to open the file.

fsck-y dingo:
    Thanks for the help I will try the bundles, winterboard, method if I can fix my SpringBoard.strings problem.