Custom sms, NOT working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nariman, Aug 20, 2009.

1. nariman macrumors newbie

Hey all
    Followed a couple of guides to create custom sms tone, but, it ain't working.
    This is what i've done...

Converted file to aiff-->renamed with copy paste to sms-received1.caf-->SSH to System/Library....-->Replace original file.
    When i try to play it in settings, I hear nothing. But the other original sounds, I can hear...
    Tried to convert the files to AIFF in iTunes the second time, no luck.
    I tried to replace sms-received6.caf , and this time i made a backup of the original. Tried to play the 6th sound, nothing. Replaced it again with the original wich i backed up. Now it won't even play that!!
    So as u can see, im stuck.
    What to do next?
    Running a jailbreaked 3gs version 3.0.1

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

What OS are you using and what program are you using to do these aiff conversions?

3. nariman thread starter macrumors newbie

Win XP, and convert from mp3-->aiff in goldwave

4. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Hmm, perhaps someone else would be able to assist. I'm not familiar with Goldwave, but it sounds like Goldwave is not converting properly or is converting with different attributes. if I get a chance, I'll see if I can fire up my Mac at my office and check the attributes on my known working files, perhaps you could tweak Goldwave to output the same way. :)

5. nariman thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright!
    SOLVED

problem with permissions on file.
    I transfered with ubuntu from the start.
    Now I tried WinSCP and I noticed that the permissions on the files I tranfered were different then the original, so just changed so my own files had the same permissions and voila!

Thanks for ur time!