Custom sms, NOT working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nariman, Aug 20, 2009.

  1. nariman macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2009
    #1
    Hey all
    Followed a couple of guides to create custom sms tone, but, it ain't working.
    This is what i've done...

    Converted file to aiff-->renamed with copy paste to sms-received1.caf-->SSH to System/Library....-->Replace original file.
    When i try to play it in settings, I hear nothing. But the other original sounds, I can hear...
    Tried to convert the files to AIFF in iTunes the second time, no luck.
    I tried to replace sms-received6.caf , and this time i made a backup of the original. Tried to play the 6th sound, nothing. Replaced it again with the original wich i backed up. Now it won't even play that!!
    So as u can see, im stuck.
    What to do next?
    Running a jailbreaked 3gs version 3.0.1
     
  2. bytethese macrumors 68030

    bytethese

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2007
    Location:
    Cranford, NJ
    #2
    What OS are you using and what program are you using to do these aiff conversions?
     
  3. nariman thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2009
    #3
    Win XP, and convert from mp3-->aiff in goldwave
     
  4. bytethese macrumors 68030

    bytethese

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2007
    Location:
    Cranford, NJ
    #4
    Hmm, perhaps someone else would be able to assist. I'm not familiar with Goldwave, but it sounds like Goldwave is not converting properly or is converting with different attributes. if I get a chance, I'll see if I can fire up my Mac at my office and check the attributes on my known working files, perhaps you could tweak Goldwave to output the same way. :)
     
  5. nariman thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2009
    #5
    Alright!
    SOLVED

    problem with permissions on file.
    I transfered with ubuntu from the start.
    Now I tried WinSCP and I noticed that the permissions on the files I tranfered were different then the original, so just changed so my own files had the same permissions and voila!

    Thanks for ur time!
     

Share This Page