Custom SMS tones in 4.0...???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anim8or, Apr 9, 2010.

1. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Anyone confirm or deny if they have implemented custom SMS tones in 4.0???

2. Pointer macrumors regular

3. jennyvier macrumors newbie

jennyvier

Oh sweet jeebus. I just want to change my SMS tone. Like I can on almost every other phone. What a bizarre thing to hold back on.

4. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

This is just one of those things that will probably never happen outside of Jailbreaking

5. anim8or thread starter macrumors 65816

anim8or

I really do not see why this is not a feature already!

I work in a place where we get discount apple products and deals on iPhone contracts... thus EVERYONE has an iPhone...

People seem to respond to this thread topic with "change ur sms tone to something other than the default" but when 90% of your workplace has the same phone with only 6 or 7 choices of sms tone... not to mention email tone, etc... then it gets more than annoying not being able to tell if its you who is receiving a message!!!!!!!

COME ON APPLE!!!!!!!!!

6. Vaco Deus macrumors member

I know how you feel. Its ridiculous that this wasn't in iPhone OS1.0.

Apple, keen on besting jailbreakers, keeps on adding stuff to the OS except this, this is the only reason I consider JB'ing. Sad, I know, but to be denied such a simple feature makes you scratch your head

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Unfortunately, it does not look like it. I too wish they would fix that.

8. anim8or thread starter macrumors 65816

anim8or

I jailbroke my 1st Gen iPhone, but as soon as JB'ing started having pitfalls i got outta there asap.

Never jailbroke my 3G or my current 3GS... but like you say i have been sorely tempted for home screen wallpapers and custom SMS tones....

Have sent apple feedback on many occasions.. but one voice....!

Surely its a simple fix as well... any developers know what kind of coding for apple would it involve??

9. thetexan macrumors 6502a

Considering with every new hardware release and update Apple makes it harder and harder to jailbreak, that may not be an option in the future.

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What's odd to me is that I imagine that this is what it's like to work AT APPLE. I mean, right? Wouldn't this happen there all the time too?

So it seems like one of the things they'd fix first since they'd experience it every day.

Maybe they're not allowed to text at work...