Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatonekid393

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
Okay, I've had this problem for a little while. I jailbroke my new 32GB 1.1.3 iPod Touch down, then back up again, so I now have a 1.1.3 jailbroken Touch. I went to put a custom theme on it using Summerboard, and it doesn't work! It absolutely does not work, no matter what fixes I download. When I hit "Themes", all I get is a blank page. I cannot even select default themes, and I certainly can't see ones that I download. I wonder if this is because of some change made in Installer, because the videos I watched on the subject said to download Summerboard 3.1-1, and the current version in Installer is 3.2. Is there a way to fix this problem?

-I'd like to emphasize the problem again. It is not that my themes do not implement, or that I am having any troubles with themes themselves, I CANNOT SEE THEMES IN SUMMERBOARD. Please see the picture to be sure of what I'm talking about :p
Thanks in advance for your help.

DSC01910.jpg

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
I assume you have done the whole uninstall summerboard route? The latest version of summerboard shouldn't really effect the way it works. What jailbreak did you do just out of curiosity?

thatonekid393

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
I assume you have done the whole uninstall summerboard route? The latest version of summerboard shouldn't really effect the way it works. What jailbreak did you do just out of curiosity?
If by that first part you mean uninstalling it and all the stuff associated with it then re-installing, yes, I've tried that.

I am on 1.1.3 jailbreak, and I got here by going from jailbroken 1.1.2 to Installer and getting the "official 1.1.3 jailbreak" thing....then the automated process took over.

If this is relevant, when I go into SMB, I can toggle the Wallpaper on and off and it does work; my background disappears and then re-appears depending on that setting. I just don't know why themes aren't showing up.

ck37

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2007
I am having the same problem with my 8gb touch on 1.1.4! I jailbroke it with Ziphone 2.5. I have installed all the patches, uninstalled everything, reboot when installed, really all the tips on the forums. When I did the reinstall it remembers its previous settings and came back the same way. Almost like it needs to have its preferences reset but there is no manual way to do that as far as I know.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a ziphone jailbreak issue.

thatonekid393

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
If it's not too much trouble for anyone, could someone jailbreak to 1.1.2 and install "Summerboard (Old)" from Installer, and see if it works?

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
wow I am struggling to figure out what else to try, when you open summerboard on the first screen you get, scroll down to the bottom. At the bottom of that page does it have:

SMBPrefs <version no>
SummerBoard <version no> (Active)

or

SMBPrefs <version no>
SummerBoard <version no> (Inactive)

there is a theme fix in an installer repo, add the following to sources:

http://touchrepo.com/repo.xml

go back to install then scroll down to tweaks (1.1.3) then scroll down to the bottom and install Smb Theme Fix see if that helps.

if that dont work try:

http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml

and scroll down to the s section of the categories and click on summerboard fix and install that see if that works?

failing all that go backto 1.1.2 and use the summerboard (old)

Del Diablo

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2008
Lost Summerboard Icon

Hope someone can help as I'm a bit new to this.

I have a jailbroken 1.1.3 16gb iphone. I installed Summerboard 3.2 but couldn't get any themes to work, so I thought I would uninstall it and try again. Problem is after trying to uninstall it, Summerboard 3.2 Icon doesnt show doesnt show up in the Install list. It is still in the uninstall list and when I try to unistall it again I get a message saying
"
Error
Main Script Execution Failed!
OK
"
Its doing my head in and have checked everywhere to see if anyone else has had this problem.

I am looking to either find a way to completely remove it from my iphone to I can try and reinstall or find a way to reinstall in is current state.

Cheers in advance.

ck37

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2007
Is it possible that the ziphone jailbreak is the cause for this issue?

I would really like some help on this as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.