Custom Trackpad Gestures on Bootcamp/Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by RichBosworth, Apr 12, 2013.

1. RichBosworth macrumors newbie

Hello,

I thought that this would be the best place to get a solution to something I've desired for a long time:

I run a piece of software on Windows 8 (Parallels VM) that I make revision notes on. Now, I've got 5 years of drugs, diseases and diagnoses on there, which takes quite a while to scroll around and find things. What makes things worse, is that the program requires the following to scroll around: Right-Click, then move the mouse.

What would make this easier is if I were able to implement some form of custom gestures for the application, using the Mac trackpad:

For example, two finger movements should essentially replicate the Right-Mouse Click and Move actions. This should enable scrolling around the notes like a PDF in Preview.

I know this is a bit of a long-shot, but I was wondering if it is at all possible with any current software.

I hope you guys can help!

Thanks,
    Rich

2. macalec macrumors 6502

Hi Rich,

From what I understand direct from apple is that what you are needing is not possible. The mouse drivers for windows come with scrolling only, no other gestures. I am not sure of a way to custom build one unless you program windows specifically. It might be easier to export all of your data somehow to Mac.