Custom UI Sounds Source?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rotobadger, May 7, 2012.

1. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Does anyone know of a good source for custom sound effects for the iPhone UI? Preferably something with a preview feature. I have some pretty good sounds now but I've had them for a long time and I'm looking for some fresh stuff. Really would like some new lock and unlock sound effects.

Ultimately, I may just have to make them myself. Would be kinda cook to set up a repository for sound effects that everyone could contribute to and use...unless it already exists?

Thanks!

2. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Wirelessly posted

I purchased an app about 5 months ago that I think is exactly what you're looking for and it's called iSounds. Check it out.

I had a lot of fun using it. It can change all UI sounds. You can download complete packages or customize individual sound effects. Report back if it fits your needs. Thanks!

3. breezyf808 macrumors regular

+1
    This is a nice fun tweak##

4. rotobadger thread starter macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Thanks for the heads up Bumpy. I actually checked it out briefly but found there were only 4 or 5 sound "packages" available. Am I missing where more can be found? Also, my download from Cydia was free.

My problem is not that I need an easy way to switch UI sounds (which is a nice bonus though) but finding quality sounds. I've yet to find some truly top notch stuff. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places...

5. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Wirelessly posted

Your welcome.

I thought I paid for it but I'm probably confusing it with another app I got around that time.

I'll look around and see if I can find anything for you. I don't use iSounds any more but I thought there was a mechanism within the app to add additional "repos" where you could download packages. I might be remembering it wrong so I apologize if I'm pointing you completely in the wrong direction.

If I find a quality source for UI sounds I'll post it here.

6. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Paradox makes awesome uisounds for different themes. You can search cydia for paradox and find some. Ive bought a couple themes just for his uisounds from them, but there are some free ones as well. Try the free Paradox_v1 sound theme collection. I'm using Turquesa Paradox Sounds now, I bought Turquesa just so I could get those uisounds:D.

7. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Wirelessly posted

Sweet! I'll check them out. Thank you.

8. rotobadger thread starter macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Thanks JJK. Checked it out and not what I'm looking for though. Not bad stuff just not my cup...

I'm really thinking there could be something to setting up a sound repository. I would be a lot of work designing sounds but could be fun too. Hmmm...time to break out the synthesizers and samplers!:D

9. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

It's easy just to make your own. Find whatever sound you want, make a ringtone in mp3 format, change he extension to .caf - yes, it is as simple as that. I do it all the time.

Download the tweak isounds and then insert all your sounds in the place of each one of those sound files. Or youcan overwrite the stock sounds with your own and use no tweak. It is extremly simple. I only have custom sounds on my ipad.

10. rotobadger thread starter macrumors 65816

rotobadger

11. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

If you find or create anything good, please share:D. I love changing up my uisounds.

I just can't do it to often, otherwise I hear my phone but I'm not sure what the sound was for.:confused: