Custom Van

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mac'nCheese, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I always thought my next family car would be new minivan but part of me is thinking why not a custom van? Anyone have any buying experience with a custom van? It seems like it will take a little more thought to go this route, more then just go to Honda and pick the model and color. Find a brand I like, hire a company to pimp it out they way I like, etc... Any advice/warnings/suggestions?

2. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

3. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Oh god no!!! I meant like a ford with a custom built interior. :)

4. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

5. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

How "custom" are you talking? Most manufacturers already offer a good deal of optional extras (minus the jacuzzi and kitchen sink of course).

6. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Well, when I look on the websites for Ford and Chevy (unless I'm doing something wrong), it looks like they just sell basic cargo type vans with plain row seating, no great interior options like a nice video system. I can find web sites that seem to buy these vans and then completely re-do the interior and put in nice seats, video screens, etc. I was wondering if anyone went this route and how satisfied they were.

7. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

8. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

9. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

Oh, I was thinking minivans. You must want a BIG van. I would call up a local dealership (ford, chevy, etc) and see if they can contract to have that work done and get an estimate. That way, you can compare that price to what you would pay by doing it yourself.

10. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Yeah, I was thinking just a little bigger then a mini. Nothing huge, just like an 8 seater but with more room then you get with a mini. Your advice make sense though, I'll check that out., Thank u.