Custom Wallpaper for iPhone???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by m477h3w, Jan 29, 2008.

1. m477h3w macrumors 6502

OK, if I have put this thread in the wrong section then please feel free to correct me.

I really want a nice personal wallpaper on my iPhone that also shows off the screen. I want to use a really nice background, and add some people into the foreground from another photo. In other words, how do I cut people out of one photo, and add them over another photo?

As you can tell I am not a pro photographer or anything so was hoping there was some free software out there, or even software with a free trial period? I have searched but can't find anything.

I am using a MacBook Pro btw, but have access to a Windows computer at work if necessary.

Thanks in advance :D

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

you can always use paint, its pretty easy program and i use it all the time.

3. m477h3w thread starter macrumors 6502

In Windows yeah? I couldn't find a way to cut round the people and place them over the background image???

4. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

well i dont use windows much but i know that is should have a "magic selector" where it auto selects material, say a cutout of a person. if not u can cut out the person using the selector tool and then open a new paint window with the background image and then copy and paste the person in there

5. ThomasShaped macrumors regular

If you're on Leopard you can use preview. On the toolbar click on the arrow next to the select tool and select 'extract shape' and you can drag round the shape you want to extract (in your case the people). Then select all and copy 'n' paste it over the new image.

6. m477h3w thread starter macrumors 6502

You know what, I have never noticed this EXCELLENT feature in my life :eek: Thank you very much for the advice, it worked a treat! :D