Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mustaphou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I've been using a bookmarklet to add my own custom icons to sites when creating webclips for my home screens. However, with the release of 2.2, those custom icons are now being replaced on the home screen by the websites default webclip icon. Is anyone else running into this problem?

The bookmarklet I've been using with any problems until today came from this website - http://www.pixelbox.net/2008/01/17/custom-icons-for-your-iphone-web-clips/

jeromeplank

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2008
I have this problem too, and I've even gone so far as to SSH the icon I want into the WebClip folder on my phone and overwrite the one that's there. Every time I visit the site it replaces my custom icon with the default from the site. I've even tried editing the icon address in the plist file that sits inside the WebClip folder and it still overwrites whenever I visit the site.

DEVILMAYCRY99

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2009
I have this problem too, and I've even gone so far as to SSH the icon I want into the WebClip folder on my phone and overwrite the one that's there. Every time I visit the site it replaces my custom icon with the default from the site. I've even tried editing the icon address in the plist file that sits inside the WebClip folder and it still overwrites whenever I visit the site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.