Customer Service Nightmare

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sikkinixx, Oct 29, 2007.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I have to vent a little.

**** Samsung, those jerks are pissing me off to no end.

I had a 19" LCD-TV, which was awesome, and it broke.

Call up Samsung, tell them whats up, they send me a replacement no problems. Problem is, they send me the newer "Better" model in the wrong colour (white when I had black).

I call up customer care, tell them a) the colour is wrong. and b) the tv is horrid. It has mega backlight bleed on all four sides, colours look washed out since you need to crank the brightness to 11 in order for dark scenes to look somewhat watchable. Also, while the tv has a 1440x900 resolution which made the old one a great monitor as well, this new one can only be set to 1380x768... great...so it stretches the signal to fit the tv which makes the picture look fuzzy. hell no, I will not keep this tv.

The customer care chick tells me the tv is clearly defective and a replacement will be sent out right away. Fine.

2 weeks later, new tv arrived. WHITE AGAIN! wrong colour. Still suffers from all of the above. :mad: I call back, tell them the story again. They escalate it to a level 2 worker, what ever the hell that means. He tells me "sorry, we will rectify the situation as soon as possible with a replacement" I say I don't want the newer model because it is an inadequate replacement to my $700 tv that was only 7 months old. He says they don't have the black tv's anymore but they do have some white models of my old tv left so would that work? I say "fine, only because I'm tired of dealing with your crap"

29 days later UPS comes by and drops off TV #3. Guess what? Same goddamn white ****ing tv. I call them back, again. Tell them the whole story. They put me to the level 3 guy, but he is in a meeting so i will need to call back in an hour. I call back an hour later, he is still in a meeting. They say he will call me back.

The next day the jerkoff calls me back (note how I'm getting progressively more pissed off) and tells me "sorry" and that he needs to talk with the logistics manager about the situation and that takes 3 to 4 business days. He said they will call back in a few days.

That was 9 days ago. So I call back just now. The woman looks over the file and tells me that I need to speak with the escalation department about this.

Fine.

But wait, they are closed for the day and I need to call back tomorrow. Hm.... this seems familar.

So I tell the woman tha a) this is ****ing bull**** b) What the hell kind of banker hours do these 'escalation' guys work when they leave at 4:30pm? Seriously wtf?

Then she has the balls to says "I hope our customer care service has met your needs sir"

To which I think:

WHAT?! MET MY NEEDS? YOU HAVE MY FILE IN FRONT OF YOU!!! THIS HAS BEEN 2 MONTHS!!! WHAT THE #%(&&(%&($*#(%($ING &(#&%(#$?

but instead hang up on her.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I feel a little better now. *phew*

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Always good to vent...let it all out.
    So they kept sending you the same model over and over again...thats how it goes they prob didn't read what was wrong with the TV and just send in the same model...sorry to hear aboout it...keep trying until you get through.

Bless

3. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Weird. Samsung customer care was awesome with me. I had my DLP repaired in home lickety split!

4. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

well the last time my TV broke I had it repaired in under a week with Samsung, it was awesome. But this time no such luck :p

It's more that you have to deal with their bureaucracy of elevating staff and all that crap, no wonder they screw up when you need to talk to 3 different people just to get a decision on what to think about doing next.