Customer Service > Return Policy

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MacStudent22, Sep 25, 2011.

1. MacStudent22 macrumors newbie

Long story short, received a 21.5 base model iMac a few weeks ago and all has been fine and dandy until a dead pixel appeared! :eek:

Being the pixel perfect perfectionist that I am, and a little upset that my new machine had a bad pixel, I contacted apple 18 days after the order was originally received (14 days is their return policy). I explained my situation, and the rep was able to ship me a new mac and take my old one back for refund...

Not only am I getting a new one, but I don't have to spend any time resorting to my old 2007 white macbook! :)

Just wanted to share my experience for anyone worried about return policy flexibility a few days out of the 14.

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Umm...just so you know, that process you did will be the same for the whole first year, and possibly 3 years if you buy AppleCare. You don't have to be within 14 days to do an exchange for a defective product.

3. MacStudent22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah they've got a policy around how many pixels constitutes defective though. 1 usually doesn't cut it with them.

4. BiigBiscuit macrumors member

You "exchanged" the machine so, therefore, it's covered under the warranty and not the return policy.

5. MacStudent22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, because it was a custom order w/ trackpad it was a return, refund, and a new order was placed.