Customisability of gestures in Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by buckers, Jul 18, 2011.

1. buckers macrumors 6502

Heys,

On my MBA, I like the four fingers up to show desktop and four fingers down to do Expose. I understand all window Expose is now merged with Spaces to form Mission Control, and am aware of the new three finger gestures, etc, but (with customisation) is the four finger Snow Leopard setup still possible in Lion? How much can these gestures be changed out of the box (so to speak)?

I've been searching the forums and Google but haven't found anything definitive. Just curious! :)

2. seong macrumors 65816

seong

You can always use BetterTouchTool app that's available for free right now. It's being developed by a college student. Take a look, it's Lion compatible :)
    http://blog.boastr.net/

3. buckers thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind!:)

4. Nuckinfuts macrumors 6502

I have setup in BetterTouchToool:
    4 fingers up - Show desktop
    4 fingers down - Mission control
    3 fingers down - LaunchPad

5. buckers thread starter macrumors 6502

That sounds really neat :)

And that setup isn't possible with just using Apple's System Preferences?

6. Nuckinfuts macrumors 6502

Nope, If you don't like apple's gestures, then apple's gesture "configuration" is about as useful as... well I can't think of a good analogy here but their options suck to say the least

7. OnEMoReTrY, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

OnEMoReTrY macrumors member

The problem that I've run into is that if I assign four finger swipe up to show desktop, i have to four finger swipe up again to go back to normal, where as in 10.6 if you did 4 finger up to show desktop, you could do 4 finger down to go back to normal. Any way to get it to work like this?

Edit: I guess I had to assign show desktop to 4 up and expose to 4 down for whatever reason.

Gestures through this app seem a little less reliable then they are through the OS tho, anyone else notice this? If I 4 up swipe theres like 1-2 seconds before i can do another gesture zzz.

8. Creditcard macrumors member

I used the 4 finger gesture to show desktop a lot in SL. The lion gesture for this is pretty annoying and you cant change it back to the SL one. :(