Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JWaller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2015
Hey guys,

I was wondering if it's possible to customise a new Mac when in the Apple Store (buying the Mac), as opposed to having to do it via the online store?

cruisin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2014
Canada
Nope.

Some Apple stores may have customized versions of specific products based on demand (like a fully upgraded Air), but only the standard models are guaranteed. Everything else is online only.

JWaller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2015
Nope.

Some Apple stores may have customized versions of specific products based on demand (like a fully upgraded Air), but only the standard models are guaranteed. Everything else is online only.

Alright, thanks. I'm wondering because I want to take advantage of the higher education discount, but I can't do that via the online store.

cruisin

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2014
Canada
OF course you can. You just need to use the online education store, not the main store.

Go to the online store, scroll to the bottom where it says more stores and click eduction store.

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
Alright, thanks. I'm wondering because I want to take advantage of the higher education discount, but I can't do that via the online store.

I don't know where you are, but in the UK you get a better deal online as a partial Applecare is included (repairs, but not extended phone support), but is not in-store.

JWaller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2015
OF course you can. You just need to use the online education store, not the main store.

Go to the online store, scroll to the bottom where it says more stores and click eduction store.

Apologies, I should have been more clear.

I have accepted an unconditional offer for a university, and my place has been confirmed; but in order to use the higher education store, I need a login from my university (which I have not yet received).

It's not a massive issue, I can always wait until August when I get the login.

----------

I don't know where you are, but in the UK you get a better deal online as a partial Applecare is included (repairs, but not extended phone support), but is not in-store.

I did not know this, thank you for telling me. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.