Customisation in Retail Stores

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mgbetts, Oct 24, 2013.

1. mgbetts macrumors newbie

Hey guys. I will be in London next week and I am wanting to buy a customised MacBook Air. I would like to upgrade the processor, RAM and harddrive. I was wondering can this be done in a retail store?

I only ask as my debit card is registered in a country that does not feature on Apple's online store billing address country list, so I can't buy it online. So if I can customise the MacBook Air in the store, I will be able to use my debit card.

I have tried asking the Apple online support people, and I got three different answers from three different support people.

I am hoping to buy the MacBook Air in the Stratford City Apple store, but if there are other stores in London than can customise, I am happy to go to them instead. Any advice would be great!

Thanks.

2. TXAppleUser macrumors member

TXAppleUser

Go to the store, tell them what model you want (customized and all), they look it up in the system, order it, and pay for it with your card in store. I have done that a few times in the States.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

they do not actually customize it in-store in the sense of BTO - they can try to find a model in the inventory somewhere or they can order one. If you are lucky they might find one, else it might take several days for it to be built in factoy and shipped to store or to you.