Customise colour of battery menu bar icon?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HarmfulHippo, Jul 21, 2013.

1. HarmfulHippo macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm really fed up of the somewhat 'boring' appearance of my menu bar. I've been searching for days for some customised icons or even a way to customise them myself, and found one site with coloured icons! However the link had 'expired' and my dreams were crushed.
    Ideally, the icon would look awesome with green at full battery, orange whilst charging, and red when low.
    Please advise,

Jack

Attached Files:

2. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

3. benwiggy macrumors 68020

You would need a complete third-party menulet for that, which would have to use a range of icons depending on the battery status. You can't easily "hack" the Apple-bundled menulet to provide that function.

There is a range of software and a community for customizing the appearance of OS X, but invariably the changes made break (or break something) when a new OS is released, and frequently get reset by system updates.

The reasoning behind Apple's limiting customisation is so that the "user experience" is the same whatever Mac you happened to be using.
    (Many times, I have been assigned to a Windows computer in an office while someone is on holiday, and they've applied so many customizations that I hadn't a clue how to do anything! I know your own computer is a different case, but there you are.)

4. HarmfulHippo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses, I think it's a cool idea would be nice to see some colour options in upcoming OS.