Customizable Dock Icons

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JoshLV, Apr 13, 2008.

1. JoshLV macrumors regular

I came across something somewhere before that has pictures you can use to change the icons on your dock. Can someone point me to these if you know what I'm talking about?:confused:

2. cuestakid macrumors 68000

3. bozs13 macrumors regular

x2 that is one of my favorite programs ever (for customization)

4. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

5. JoshLV thread starter macrumors regular

Ok the interfacelift was the one that I remember seeing, but the other ones are pretty sweet too.
    I tried to change my Dashboard icon, but I'm a little confused. :confused: I followed the steps and it says to cut and paste the new icon over the old one. But when I do this, it just changes the icon in the finder, and not actually in my dock. It's probably something very simple but I've only had my MBP for about a week so I'm still learning things. :apple:

6. cuestakid macrumors 68000

No problem-try this
    simply remove the current dashboard icon from your dock and replace it with the one from your application folder

I will say that if you are really into changing docks, I strongly recommend that you get candybar-it is fairly expensive but it is much easier and best of all you can download whole sets of icons to change everything-including the appearance of the dock itself-it is a fantastic app that i strongly recommend