Customizable Folder Icons?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rmul86, Aug 12, 2010.

1. rmul86 macrumors 6502

Is there anyway you can custom make your own folder icons so they don't just look like those boring stock folder icons? What I want to do is place an icon logo that identifies well with the folder's contents.

2. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

yes, you can change the folder, though you cannot remove the mini 9 app preview overlay.

3. rmul86 thread starter macrumors 6502

ahhh bummer. that's unfortunate.

4. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

The app "Categories" did folders before iOS did. It let's you do what you want but is much more complicated.

S-

5. rmul86 thread starter macrumors 6502

When you say "let's you do what you want" does that include changing the folder icon to what I want it to be?

6. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

Yes, the app comes with quite a large library of images, + you can either theme the folder via Winterboard or replace the icon Via SSH

I would also download categoriessb (add-on) to make it faster, with a more native feel.

7. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Come on! Look up the damn app!!! I reread your original post multiple times and I can't find anything in it other than you wanting to change the folder icon to what you want it to be......so I am not sure what else I could have been trying to say. Jeez....

S-

8. rmul86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Anything I want...hmmmm ok how bout if I ask the folder icon for a million dollars? I'll be expecting a check in the my mailbox by tomorrow...

How bout being a little more specific like pixel? I appreciate the advice, don't get me wrong, but comon...I didn't want to download the app if I didn't have to.

9. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I didn't say "Anything you want...". I said, based on your original post, did "what you want".

Take some initiative and don't expect to be hand fed everything.

S-

10. rmul86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Or I could get a straight forward answer in 2.5 seconds like I got from pixel...

11. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

You are an ungrateful smuck! Since you are a leach and don't actually provide any useful information here, you will go on my block list. Keep treating people that help you like this and you won't have anyone helping you out...

S-

12. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Jesus christ. It was straight forward. We are not going to hold your hand.

You have your answer.

13. rmul86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Whoa whoa whoa...Let's all take a deep breath here...

I have provided insight to many people on mac rumors, whether it be about iphone accessories that I have purchased or my limited "JB'ing" knowledge. I am just as willing to give answers as I am to receive. I was never "ungrateful" and merely asked a follow up question that apparently offended you, but did not offend pixelated. For that I am sorry. Jeez.

14. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Categories works with iOS 4 but CategoriesSB is not yet compatible (unless this has been updated within the last couple of days or so)

And I agree, those attacking need to stop and take a breath here

15. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

Tried SB on sunday and was working fine for me. Only problem i noticed was with iconoclasm pushing the apps very slightly closer to each other.
    Currently listed as 'partial' compatibility on the google spread

16. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

OK, last report I saw said it was still not compatible with iOS 4. Good to know it works as another option.

17. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Sorry. I had just woken up and was groggy. I read it differently then I think you meant it.

18. rmul86 thread starter macrumors 6502

haha no worries...by the way categories with categoriessb ROCKS! It even shows notification counts...AMAZING!