Customization issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WiLo, Oct 15, 2007.

1. WiLo macrumors newbie

Hey I just got my iPod Touch less than a week ago and yesterday I decided to jailbreak my iPod Touch and I successfully did it (thanks iPodTouchMaster :) ) Now I got the iPhone apps in my touch and also summerboard, but when I install Customize and I try to open it appears the first page with a chicken image in it then it crashes into desktop. So I checked on the apps compatibility list and it says that is fully working and it does not need no dependencies. Can someone try to help me to get this program working so I can tweak my iPod?

Thanks

2. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

here's what i did...let it crash three or four times...if it doesn't work by then, power off and turn back on and see if that works...i only let it crash three times then when i restarted it customize started working...

3. WiLo thread starter macrumors newbie

ok i'll give it a try and i'll tell you if it works thanks :)

4. WiLo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks man I appreciate got it working by letting it crash 3 times no need to restart.

5. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

i just restarted to make sure it worked...so i probably didn't need to restart... but congrats!

6. WiLo thread starter macrumors newbie

iPodToucher I got another question how can I manage to change the iPod name on the top left corner. When I click Carrier image it only appears AT&T as a backup. Also the battery, signal image have the backup images. How can I get to customize it. :confused:

Thanks

7. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

that is an actual image... in the springboard folder you can find IPOD_DEFAULT_CARRIER AND FSO_DEFAULT_CARRIER and then change those images. remember, try to make it only 20px high or it will look like crap

good luck

8. fdmendez macrumors member

I can't get Customize to work. All I've done to my iPod is run iJailBreak and install mobilechat, stumbler, community resources, BSD subsystem, and customize.

Customize crashes over and over again even after a restart.

9. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

10. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

I finally got it to run, however... it actually doesnt DO anything... which is AAWWESOME. Anyone know why this is? :) cheers

Arisian

11. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

It is just like summerboard was. Just not compatable ATM, however you can customize your .strings w/ customize and not through the long way. I heard they are working on a new version though so we need to be patient :)

12. WiLo thread starter macrumors newbie

How can I open the .png files its does not let me open it with Photoshop nor Paint

13. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

tereis a thread devoted to changing the carrier logo... You need photoshop to make a new carrier image so that you can change it to .png.... To get new wifi images and such, you need to install packs from the installe labeled "themes (customize)" i think thats the name... They put icons and etc into the customize app...

Happy customizing!!

14. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

create a new image 20px high,mine is 20x115px... Then you save it as a .png file. Now you have to remember to name it the same as the ones you are replacing. I will post some pics in 30 minutes or so...right now I'm in class typing this on my touch haha

15. Vikash macrumors member

No, doesn't seem to work...

16. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

this is a picture of my carrier...along with some of the customizations!

Attached Files: