Customize 2.0 and Wallpaper

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dc5wannabe, May 16, 2008.

1. dc5wannabe macrumors newbie

Feb 13, 2008
    I'm currently on jb 1.1.3 and just installed customized 2.0.0.B9. I can't seen to install background wallpapers in customized. I would browse through the theme packs in and dl a few. Then install the themes and the icons would change but there would be no wallpaper behind the icons. Just a black screen. My iphone is already has summerboard v3.2 installed on it. Can't figure what's wrong. Thanks for any help
  2. anirudh macrumors 6502

Feb 28, 2008
    Have you tried going into SUMMERBOARD PREFS and turning the theme to CUSTOMIZE.. that should do the trick IMO.. had the same problem once
  3. Justinthesaint macrumors regular

Feb 10, 2008
    I can't switch my "Lockscreen Wallpaper" anymore. I used to be able to, but for no apparent reason, it changed to a wallpaper that I used to have. I uninstalled Customize 2.0 beta 10 and SummerBoard 3.2, and it still doesn't fix the problem. I reinstalled them, and it still didn't fix the problem. I tried changing the theme in Customize to "Original Backup" and found that all of my themes in Customize , including Original Backup, have the wallpaper "Reveal" chosen as their lockscreen wallpaper. I also tried changing the theme in SummerBoard to "Default" but that doesn't work either.

Please, will SOMEONE HELP me??????:(
  4. PACMAC macrumors regular

Feb 24, 2008
    extact same problem i had...i just restore it..just got confusion from it..i dont like customize its tricky for me..i rather do it manual/SMB..
  5. Justinthesaint macrumors regular

Feb 10, 2008
    Is there any way to fix this problem without restoring?

And I already tried " Reset All Settings" and it didn't work.
  6. technojinn macrumors newbie

May 26, 2008
    here is the fix

I had the same problem, and you do not have to restore in order to fix it. The solution is as simple as deleting a file.

if you are on windows, I think winscp is a popular ftp client.

If you are on a mac, you can download cyberduck or transmit:
    - get your IP address by going to settings > Wi-FI > then click on the arrow associated with the network you are connected to, you will then see the IP address
    - use the sftp protocol, leave the port default 22, use "root" as the username and "alpine" as the password. then proceed just as I explained above.
    - Navigate to /private/var/mobile/library and delete the file named "LockBackground.jpg"

The alternate way ( I have not tried but it should work) is to install mobilefinder from Then navigate to library , then scroll down to "LockBackground.jpg", select it and then hit "file", then delete it. Your backgrounds are going to change from then on.

7. crazychris3992 macrumors member

Feb 4, 2008
    virginia beach, va
    how come i dont have the customize option? do i need to download it or something?
  8. Bad Ash macrumors regular

Bad Ash

Feb 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    You need to install customize from the installer app.

And the mobile finder tip mentioned above did clear up the issue. Nice tip.