Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
anyone using the new customize yet?

I got it up and running and already made a theme thats up on the theme browser I am liking the way they help make you build a theme it works alongside summerboard and has the settings intergrated into it too which is great as I have customised a theme with icons and applied custom sliders all in one theme.

if you want to check customize 2.0 out signup here (need to put iPod serial in while signing up, go to settings --> general --> about).

you have to follow the following to get it to work:

repo (have to signup with iPod serial before you can download themes): http://customizeapp.com/plist/installer

**Make sure you have community sources installed first**

1. install the SUID fix, if you are on firmware 1.1.3 or Later (listed under tweaks 1.1.3)
2. install summerboard
3. launch summerboard, close summerboard
4. reboot the phone
5. install customize 2.0 from installation source
6. launch customize, close customize
7. launch summerboard, set the theme to "customize", ensure both "theme wallpaper" and "wallpaper" are ON all others OFF, close summerboard
8. launch summerboard and confirm that your settings are correct as mentioned in step 7, close summerboard
9. launch customize, download the theme you want, apply it to the phone, exit/respring and you should now see your theme installed

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
anyone using the new customize yet?

I got it up and running and already made a theme thats up on the theme browser I am liking the way they help make you build a theme it works alongside summerboard and has the settings intergrated into it too which is great as I have customised a theme with icons and applied custom sliders all in one theme.

if you want to check customize 2.0 out signup here (need to put iPod serial in while signing up, go to settings --> general --> about).

you have to follow the following to get it to work:

repo (have to signup with iPod serial before you can download themes): http://customizeapp.com/plist/installer

1. install the SUID fix, if you are on firmware 1.1.3 or Later (listed under tweaks 1.1.3) [Edited]
2. install summerboard
4. reboot the phone [Edit - added this step]
7. launch summerboard, set the theme to "customize", ensure both "theme wallpaper" and "wallpaper" are ON all others OFF (this is a little tricky on my phone, have to keep resetting them until they finally go...), close summerboard
8. launch summerboard and confirm that your settings are correct as mentioned in step 9, close summerboard
9. launch customize, download the theme you want, apply it to the phone, exit/respring and you should now see your theme installed

it kept telling me that my email was already used...its still a beta....so i'll just wait until the final release...

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
its a public beta now so anyone can signup, you obviously signed up already with your email address. Try to see if you can remember your password you might have used? failing that if you have another email address signup with that instead

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
its a public beta now so anyone can signup, you obviously signed up already with your email address. Try to see if you can remember your password you might have used? failing that if you have another email address signup with that instead

i tried a different e-mail and it said the same...lol

donaldj

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Customize 2.0 crashed my iPod.... couldn't boot it had to restore...

The program didn't work before that... at all...I think it was the iPod Touch compatablitly. All the iPhone users are amazingly happy... That was back in the Alpha thought, i might wanna try the beta.

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Customize 2.0 crashed my iPod.... couldn't boot it had to restore...

The program didn't work before that... at all...I think it was the iPod Touch compatablitly. All the iPhone users are amazingly happy... That was back in the Alpha thought, i might wanna try the beta.

did you try the steps that are suggested on how to install?

bluejays

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2008

1. install the SUID fix, if you are on firmware 1.1.3 or Later (listed under tweaks 1.1.3) [Edited]
2. install summerboard
4. reboot the phone [Edit - added this step]
7. launch summerboard, set the theme to "customize", ensure both "theme wallpaper" and "wallpaper" are ON all others OFF (this is a little tricky on my phone, have to keep resetting them until they finally go...), close summerboard
8. launch summerboard and confirm that your settings are correct as mentioned in step 9, close summerboard

Hi, I followed all the steps listed but im now getting a message stating 'customize was unable to access the theme server. Either the server was unavailable or you have not yet registered your iPhone.'

can anyone help me, not sure what i shoud do next....

Thanks

andybno1

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
did you go to customizeapp.com and signup?

I have been registered for about a week now and get the same message, I did manage to get to use it this morning (about 6:30am UK Time)

Lyndon40

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2008
Adding pictures to Wallpaper in Customize 2.0..?

Hi, my name's Lyndon.

I was browsing your Customize 2.0 info regarding Wallpaper settings. I'd like to use the 'Earth' wallpaper icon as the image that comes up when turning the i phone on. In customize, there's a folder titled 'LockScreenWallpaper' where some images are stored and I can't use any other wallpaper images other than these.. HELP!!

Cheers,

Lyndon

lyndon@lyndondouglas.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.