customize 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by slapshotman, Apr 6, 2008.

1. slapshotman macrumors newbie

just did the jailbreak for 1.1.4. everything going well. got customize 2.0 but can't get the background to work. I can apply the icons and battery images, but i can't get a background to show up behind the icons, just stays a black screen. anyone know why this might be happening?

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

did you follow the steps off the customize forum?

1. install the SUID fix, if you are on firmware 1.1.3 or Later (listed under tweaks 1.1.3)
    2. install summerboard
    3. launch summerboard, close summerboard
    4. reboot the phone
    5. install customize 2.0 from installation source
    6. launch customize, close customize
    7. launch summerboard, set the theme to "customize", ensure both "theme wallpaper" and "wallpaper" are ON all others OFF, close summerboard
    8. launch summerboard and confirm that your settings are correct as mentioned in step 7, close summerboard
    9. launch customize, download the theme you want, apply it to the phone, exit/respring and you should now see your theme installed

3. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

this is still very buggy....I had wallpaper and when I rebooted the phone it disappeared...even when i try and change the new customize theme it doesn't.

4. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

after #4 my phone rebooted and my wallpaper and theme from 2.0 showed up...weird

5. rje macrumors regular

This fix doesn't work. Cutomize 2.0 works perfectly, but theme backgrounds do not show. Only black.

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

you need summerboard, in conjunction with customize

7. rje macrumors regular

Of course you need Summerboard. Here's the fix. Set the Summerboard theme to Customize in Summerboard. Your theme wallpaper from Customize 2.0 will work.

8. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

OMG all that just to get an app to work, are you sure its not missing an extra step or two like dancing around on one feet with your hands clasped together as if praying to some higher god to get it to work?!? o_O?!

9. rje macrumors regular

10. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

lol... actually, it takes all of like 1 minute... it is just detailed so that person can't screw up..... (i know that sounds like i wrote it, but i know i did not;) )