Customize and 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by cbrain, Feb 20, 2008.

1. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get Customize 1.21 to work on a 1.1.3 iPod Touch? It just hangs on the initial screen and then crashes. The repeated tapping trick isn't working for me.

Thanks.

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

3. cbrain thread starter macrumors 65816

cbrain

Yes, I have done it quite allot.

4. cbrain thread starter macrumors 65816

cbrain

Hi,

I installed the modded version of Customize which works for me (it didn't work before. Strange).

Thanks for all the help.

5. 619 macrumors member

1. Add http://www.touchrepo.com/repo.xml
    1. Next go all All Packages, scroll down until you see Customize.
    1. There will be two versions, download and install the one that says Modded and recompiled version.

6. gfer macrumors newbie

Don't forget symlinking Customize and DockSwap folders from user root to user mobile:

Code:
    ln -s /private/var/root/Library/Customize /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize

ln -s /private/var/root/Library/DockSwap /private/var/mobile/Library/DockSwap
    If you have both folders in /private/var/mobile, symlink them to /var/root (I don't remember what I did).

Also, you have to apply 755 permissions to the files, and then setuid Customize.app:

Code:
    chmod -R +s /Applications/Customize.app

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

maybe its just me but that seems too involved since that repo installs customize modded with no need to create a folder or ch mod the app folder, I installed it after a couple attempts to open the folder for icons was auto created and app works 99% (cant change how many dock items or hide icons)

8. gfer macrumors newbie

I installed Skylar's modded version, but I had to setuid Customize.app to make it work.

The need of making symlinks from root to mobile depends on the jailbreaking method, if you JB'd your iTouch with DevTeam's method, you must symlink folders.