Customize app on 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by the skunk, Mar 22, 2008.

1. the skunk macrumors newbie

I've installed customize on my 16gb iTouch 1.1.4, the app opens and I have made the changes I want but they wont save. I've rebooted etc but still doesnt work.

Also the same applies with Summerboard, opened a new theme but my changes never save.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

3. the skunk thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers fella, all sorted :D

One more quick question if I may, how do I change the text on the itouch?:D ie, on the slide to power off, how do I customize it?

Sorry for the questions, im not the best at this!

Many thanks

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

there are two ways you can do this

1. in customize go down to SpringBoard String

the other is a more free way to change text, like on mine when it syncs my iPod I have changed it so on screen it will say Syncing iPod Touch instead of just Syncing iPod

now I wouldn't reccomend this route unless you knew what you were doing....... and dont forget always make a backup before you do anything.

2. you need to go to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/<language of choice>.lproj

(dont look for a folder saying language of choice lol that just means if your ipod is in french then french.lproj etc)

in their will be a file called SpringBoard.strings (open this in a text editor), only make changed that you need to dont delete lines or anything. Best way to find what you need to change is to see how it appears on the touch's screen and then to search the file for how it appears and change accordingly