customize crashing on 2.01

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Tejen Naidoo, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Tejen Naidoo macrumors member

Im having a problem with customize.Evertime i launch it it opens up then crashes back to the home screen i tried installing it again but stil no luck.Can anyone help me???

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

ditch customize, the creator appears to be no longer supporting the program, most themes wont download properly anyway so it's a big mess...... use winterboard

3. illweather macrumors regular

I'm running 2.1 and am also having trouble with Customize. The only reason I want it to work is so I can change the ipod "carrier" image to the blue apple. Haven't been able to find a different way to do this in 2.1, any tips?

Thanks

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

was my reply not clear enough?

if you want to change the carrier image and have one on your pc/mac if u have just one image u will need to make a copy and have then both named as followed:

Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png
    FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png

ssh into the touch and go to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app find the above mentioned image files and have them renamed as a backup incase you want the original back some day. Now copy the images over and respring or reboot ipod and ur good to go

5. illweather macrumors regular

your reply to the topic starter DID NOT cover my question, and I'm quite familiar with the method you mentioned involving the two carrier image files. I guess I was wondering if someone had a Winterboard method to change the carrier to the apple, like was previously possible with customize.