Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPNYC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2019
I am finally forced to upgrade from Adobe CS6 to CC. I have a very small SSD on my laptop and when I installed CS6 I did a customized minimal installation excluding all of the crap that I didn't need (bridge, the standalone extension manager and a whole bunch of other junk that I wasn't going to use).

I just spoke with a co-worker who recently installed CC2019 and he said that there was no way to customize the installation and the install was quite large spreading out all of his hard drive.

He suggested maybe the Adobe Creative Cloud Packager, but didn't know much about it. A quick Google search looks like it wont even work with CC2019 anyway.

How can I control and limit the stuff that gets installed? I don't want to end up with no space for files after installing a few needed apps and can't afford a new computer at the moment, CC2019 is already going to cost me a bunch!

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I am finally forced to upgrade from Adobe CS6 to CC. I have a very small SSD on my laptop and when I installed CS6 I did a customized minimal installation excluding all of the crap that I didn't need (bridge, the standalone extension manager and a whole bunch of other junk that I wasn't going to use).

I just spoke with a co-worker who recently installed CC2019 and he said that there was no way to customize the installation and the install was quite large spreading out all of his hard drive.

He suggested maybe the Adobe Creative Cloud Packager, but didn't know much about it. A quick Google search looks like it wont even work with CC2019 anyway.

How can I control and limit the stuff that gets installed? I don't want to end up with no space for files after installing a few needed apps and can't afford a new computer at the moment, CC2019 is already going to cost me a bunch!
You can easily install individual applications with the Creative Cloud app. Creative Cloud Packager no longer supports CC 2019, and it does not work with individual Creative Cloud accounts anyway.

JPNYC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2019
Thanks for your reply.

I just installed PhotoShop CC19. I check my hard drive space before and after install, and the install used about 7.5GB of space (that sounds excessive to me). If I end up installing the other four apps I need, assuming similar HD space that almost 40GB!

Is there anything I can manually remove from the install (components, fonts, extra plugins, temp files, any kind of download cache, etc) to reduce this as much as possible?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Is there anything I can manually remove from the install (components, fonts, extra plugins, temp files, any kind of download cache, etc) to reduce this as much as possible?
No, you can't remove anything to save space or the apps won't work.
It's not excessive; that's how apps are now.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Thanks for your reply.

I just installed PhotoShop CC19. I check my hard drive space before and after install, and the install used about 7.5GB of space (that sounds excessive to me). If I end up installing the other four apps I need, assuming similar HD space that almost 40GB!

You really should either upgrade the storage drive or get a new computer all together. Either that or switch to Infinity Photo (which is cheaper ad takes up less space.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.