Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Hi,

I am assuming there is no longer a way to change the dock for osx?

Thanks

Shawn

bobbba

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
10.9 is not even official yet, so...be patient. very likely, by the time it's really out there...someone will figure something out. happens with every new mac OS...

Maybe, but given that the previous options are not even there and that they seem to be reaching a point with the beta where they are no longer adding features I'd be surprised if anything turned up.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Maybe, but given that the previous options are not even there and that they seem to be reaching a point with the beta where they are no longer adding features I'd be surprised if anything turned up.

The 3d dock is pretty much on touchable like last year so the dock mod paid will work with it no doubt when it gets mavs supported.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere

no one expects apple to provide a way to change it, but third-party peeps will undoubtedly show up with...something. as happens with every mac OS... :cool:

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
I do know the location where the png file is I will see if I can replace it

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
Yeah would be nice to try the 2D Dock at the bottom, even though I'm a huge fan of the current 3D dock, looks great!

Always good to have options, It's too bad Apple hasn't natively included this option..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.