Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SheryarYO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Is there a way to customize the home screen? I'm talking about the screen that comes up when you press the Home button or if your phone is in sleep mode and you Slide to Unlock. There are certain things I want to have on the first page and certain things I'd prefer to have on the 2nd page. There's also things that I prefer not to have at all. Also, I want to change the 4 permanent icons at the bottom (Phone, Mail, Safari, iPod). Can anyone tell me how this is done?

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
press and hold one of the icons (any of them) until they all start to dance. then you can move the apps around as you please. note, however, that you can't permanently delete any of apple's default apps.

joeshell383

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
press and hold one of the icons (any of them) until they all start to dance. then you can move the apps around as you please. note, however, that you can't permanently delete any of apple's default apps.

Apps can be moved in and between pages, but an existing dock app must be moved out of the dock first to replace that space. Press the home button to lock changes in place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.