Customize LockScreen

snowzor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Hi there! I have a question. Can I remove the "boxes" which holds the time and "slide to unlock"? I took a printscreen. Hope you understand.

Thnx in advice!

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
I think this is what you're looking for:

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/14279396/

If you just want to remove the clock background, not the clock itself, the file is /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/BarLCD@2x~iphone.png

And if you want to remove the outer slider background, not the slider itself, the file is
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/BarBottomLock@2x~iphone.png

I haven't needed to replace the inner slider background so I haven't looked up which file it is, yet...

Just make them fully transparent and replace the original files. And you should probably make a backup of the originals, just in case...

Comment

snowzor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Thanx a lot mate!!! One more thing. I'm new here. What am I supposed to to with that. Should I use iFile and delete those files, or what else?

Thanx for the quick reply:D

Comment

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
Yeah you can use iFile to just rename the files. Put a Z in front of the names or something like 'backup.'-whatever the original file name is.

Comment

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
Free app from the app store that a friend of mine developed.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/contact-lockscreen-info/id515658712?mt=8

Called Contact Lockscreen info, check it out. Free for stock wallpaper and 99 cents for your own wallpaper. This way even with your passcode ON, if someone finds your phone they have the chance to give it back to you... as long as they're the right kind of person!

(Alternatively you could always do it for free as well in photoshop, but this is just cleaner and easier.)

PS
And remember to put someone else's phone number! First time around I forgot and put my own without thinking...

Last edited:
Comment

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/14281785/

COOL!.. this is exactly what i needed.. i deleted the barLCD and it worked.. thanx..

View attachment 323413
isn't it look amazing ??? :D
all this without the need of winterboard

about the inner slider background, the file is -
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/WellLock@2x~iphone.png

about you aDRock1154, you can add '%' at the end instead of deleting the file.
for example:

full slider background hide :
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/WellLock%@2x~iphone.png
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/BarBottomLock%@2x~iphone.png

clock background hide :
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/BarLCD%@2x~iphone.png

either way.. u should backup the files..

Comment

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Free app from the app store that a friend of mine developed.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/contact-lockscreen-info/id515658712?mt=8

Called Contact Lockscreen info, check it out. Free for stock wallpaper and 99 cents for your own wallpaper. This way even with your passcode ON, if someone finds your phone they have the chance to give it back to you... as long as they're the right kind of person!

(Alternatively you could always do it for free as well in photoshop, but this is just cleaner and easier.)

PS
And remember to put someone else's phone number! First time around I forgot and put my own without thinking...
I like this app, only issue is I can't figure out how to use other default iOS wallpaper pictures (other than the ocean one the app comes with.)

As a work around I could use the backgrounds if someone has extracted them, but I have been unable to find them with google (new iPad quality ones.)

Any ideas where to look, or how to get the app to modify my default lock screen image? I am not jail broken, and do not want to mess with extracting an image myself.

Comment

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
^That is a premium option for 99 cents. I believe there's a button right next to Save that lets you go premium.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.