Customize messed up my ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by luckybull16, Nov 12, 2007.

1. luckybull16 macrumors newbie

i just uploaded the new customize from installer and now my apps are all screwed up and the icon order doesn't work and there no option for 3,4, or 5 icons on the dock. I uninstalled it but it's still the same... AAARGGGGHHHH!!!

2. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

yeah, I installed this tonight before researching properly, my main problem is my video and music icons are stuck on my second page and do not show up in the icon move list. not sure why but obviously something wrong. I did not try to uninstall out of fear it might do something bad. Also It added something called a demo app, I clicked on it and it does not do anything and there does not seem to be a way to remove it. Spicy chicken...are you here? please let us know if there is something I am overlooking. Scott

3. illweather macrumors regular

try to unistall it...

Chek out this thread, http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=383544&page=2

I had the same problem, but after I unistalled the latest version of Customize, I was able to throw on Kasper's version of Customize and his N45AP.plist and now my customize app is working as well as ever. Of course I'm now using the older version, but hey, I probably should have never updated it in the first place since it took me so long to finally get Customize working.

4. sibilly macrumors newbie

HI guys I had the same problem....the issue is the Music and Video icons were replaced by the ipod Icon, what I did was I installed the iPod2 from Tweaks1.1.1 in installer, this brought back the Icons in customize, works great now!!!

5. jacktiernan macrumors regular

Ahhhh, add me to the list of ipod-menu screw ups.

Curses.

6. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

thank you sibilly, I installed the ipod2 tweak as you suggested and that worked for me, not sure what other issues this release has but that was my biggest and so I am happy now. I wish the demoapp was not there but I am willing to live with that in order to have control over ordering of my icons.

It is a little difficult being totally dependent on installer for all of my hacks....it is looking more and more like if I am not going to learn code then I am going to have to be very careful in the future. It bothered me not being able to just simply uninstall customizer when I ran into problems.....it seems like that should be a number one priority in these releases to be able to simply revert back to where you were when something does not work right.

I also find myself wishing that the hacking community would just ignore 1.1.2 for now.....It makes it even more difficult sifting through the updates and new apps and trying to decide if has been coded for your version....I don't see any advantage in coding for 1.1.2 right now.

finally(I know this is getting to long) It seems like installer should be split in to a touch version and an iphone version....obviously there are issues writing one program for both platforms.

7. luckybull16 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks that worked. i'm as fed up with this as you are Mercury. I guess i might have to bite the bullet and install 1.1.2 to get my stuff to work from now on

8. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

well on the bright side, everything seems stable and I could probably stop right now and be happy with the functionality I have for the life of my touch. Probably the only item that would complete this journey for me is the ability to have my favorite websites cached so I could browse safari offline. It would be nice if all my apps like stock, weather etc that depend on wifi would just update automatically when a wifi signal is present, and then when you clicked on them you would just see the latest available. One day maybe :)

9. jcmaldonado macrumors newbie

problem with customizer

I moved my iphone icons in diferent order but it didn't work, and i messed up my iphone, so i uninstalled and every thing went black, son now i can't do anything, someone know what can i do?? spicechicken help me!!