customize themes won't work

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by WRXface, Aug 7, 2008.

1. WRXface macrumors regular

I have cydia and installed customize and winterboard, my themes from winterboard are fine, but when I choose a theme from customize, it doesn't load even if i removed winterboard. I'm stuck with a theme from winterboard unless I install winterboard and get another one from cydia. Someone please help.

2. WRXface thread starter macrumors regular

I'm new here and had a friend jailbreak this phone from 2.0, and I have cydia, could someone explain me what's up?

3. chadamorrill macrumors 6502

Customize.... when it worked... was great. For me, after changing themes and icons around about 20 times, it locked my dock image. So no matter what, I had the black dock with the blue strip where the words are (phone, mail, etc).

I've uninstalled Customize and ONLY use Winterboard. It's not as customizable, but at least it works.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

4. FreakinSyco macrumors regular

FreakinSyco

I found if I set winterize to the default theme, then SSH into the phone and delete all the .plist files associated with that theme (leaving only the wallpaper file) then using customize, I can get full customization of my phone. Without installing winterize, customize will not change my background.

Hope that helps.

Folder where winterize themes are stored: /Library/Themes/com.Saurik

5. chadamorrill macrumors 6502

Yeah, still haven't SSHd into the phone. Too lazy I guess. Winterboard seems to work just fine to cover up the crappy blue dock. I'll get around to it eventually; thanks for the tip!