Customize UI in 2.0???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DuFFy, Jul 16, 2008.

1. DuFFy macrumors regular

I could be wrong in my memory but wasnt there options on one of the early 2.0 beta versions that had options to change like the color of the top bar and other things. I think there was a website that had a gallery of 2.0 photos and they showed the options and such? was that fake or what happened to the appearance options. I cant remember what site it was to find it either. and i dont even know what to search for really...

EDIT: heres the gallery!!!! i just found it:
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/gallery/handsets/iphone-20-screen-shots/?pid=1854#picture_nav

what happened to the "interface" options??????

2. DuFFy thread starter macrumors regular

am i crazy here? does no one no know anything? or even wondering themselves.

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

That was way back in March. As you can see, the Settings menu has changed a lot. I'm glad you can't change the way the phone looks, and it's going to stay that way unless you jailbreak your iPhone :)

4. DuFFy thread starter macrumors regular

it just seems weird to me that they put in a feature then turned around and took it out.

5. bmms8 macrumors 68020

nick can you please post what you pmed me.... for some reason the administrator doesn't allow me to have any PM's not??

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

There are a lot of reasons. Maybe they didn't want to pursue in it? Maybe they found it caused too many issues? Maybe they thought other things were better?

Just look how much they have changed in the settings menu since then...