Customize

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by spykedmartini, Nov 14, 2007.

1. spykedmartini macrumors member

hello =]
    im trying to find a way to change the order of the apps on my ipod and i hear of a program called customize, and another called iorder. If u can get any help with either of those it would be greatly appreciated!
    --spykedmartini

2. ohio state fan macrumors member

iorder is deffinately the better one of the two, for ordering apps. Although im not sure if it works for 1.1.2 but def. does work for 1.1.1. If you use the search this forum button it should be easy to find the download for. The app itself is self-explanotory.

3. Football1maniac macrumors regular

Football1maniac

I personally prefer iOrder over Cutomize, but if your not around a computer Customize is the way to go. Here is where you go for iOrder http://iorderapp.googlepages.com/

iOrder (in my opinion) has a great UI and its simple and easy if you decide to switch the Apps around.

Customize is directly on your iPod, which you can find here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=383544

;):apple:

iOrder does work for 1.1.2 since I have a Jailbroken 1.1.2 iPod with an iOrder made App List.

4. Trist06 macrumors newbie

I would stongly recomend not using customize, the latest update automatically totaly screwed up all my icons all over the place then it would freeze on the i con order screen, luckily i had a backup of N45AP.plist.
    A very buggy program.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I am with them on iOrder I reccomend it, its dead simple to use and I have already used my previous N45AP file used for 1.1.1 in 1.1.2 with no problems HIGHLY reccomended

6. neveleven macrumors member

neveleven

how do you get iorder from a computer to yer iphone? new to all this!

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

you need to use an ftp client (like cuteftp) make sure you use ssh as the connection type grab the ip address of the touch from the wifi settings enter that as the connect to address, login will be:

username: root
    password: alpine

when you get into the touch, click on the address bar and type / and hit enter. Navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and this is where the file iOrder produced goes

8. neveleven macrumors member

neveleven

Sorry but i really am new to computers, whats an ftp client and what do i do ( in simple terms) with it? Thanks in advance

9. neveleven macrumors member

neveleven

10. neveleven macrumors member

neveleven

heh heh I did it, but where do i find it on the actual touch/iphone? nearly there dont give up on me now!

11. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the iPhone/Touch would be on your desk or counter or where ever you placed it :D

what exactly are you wanting to do?

12. neveleven macrumors member

neveleven

ho ho ho, just found out from another thread it dont work from a mac. Or at least thats what i understood it to mean. Are there any other mehods of rearranging the layout apart from customize, which seems to have a mind of its own!

13. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the layout can be changed manually by getting the N45AP file and re-editing in a text editor but you need to know the launchdaemons names to have the icons in an order u want

14. m242 macrumors newbie

I agree with the comments re customize, but the latest version from installer seems much more reliable and stable, I have used it successfully on a jailbroken ipod touch with 1.1.2

15. 864646 macrumors regular

i agree with Football1maniac
    this version of customize is the ipod edition (not iphone) so it works
    its like a portable and easier iorder
    the drag method
    but just remember to follow the steps

so customize is good cus its portable
    but iorder isn't bad but takes a while to make ur order and sftp into ur ipod

16. spykedmartini thread starter macrumors member

ok, i no i seem like a noob, but i have NO IDEA how to do anything youre all saying . . . any help?

17. 864646 macrumors regular

use iorder (use link from above posts)
    to create a new .plist

take that new plist and replace it with the one already on the ipod

then put the ipod version customize on ur ipod (replace ur original customize)
    this link is the ipod version customize
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=383544

18. spykedmartini thread starter macrumors member

thanks but how do i replace that .plist folder with the one on my touch?

19. 864646 macrumors regular