Customized Iphone 3G/bluetooth earpiece dock

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by maceleven, Jul 19, 2008.

1. maceleven macrumors 6502

I got my dremal out and shaped it to fit my Iphone 3G:cool:

It was pretty easy.

Attached Files:

2. jblodgett macrumors regular

That looks pretty good--

could you please post some pictures of the inside of the dock without the iPhone in it?

Thanks!

3. maceleven thread starter macrumors 6502

4. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

5. cambridge1807 macrumors member

Nice work, I did the same thing. I went on Craigslist and bought a 1st generation dock for $10, then went home and worked on it with a Dremel. Well worth it I'd think, spending $10 is better than 30+tax. With the iPhone plugged in, you can't even tell it's modified.

6. dannyar macrumors 6502

im trying to do this same thing since i just purchased the bluetooth headset that came with the dock. i dont have a dremal since that seems to be the easiest way. Any alternatives? ive tried shaving it with a blade but cant get enough off to get it to fit.

7. BEEFc58 macrumors member

try a round file, that should work just fine.

Probably pick one up at the local hardware store for under $4....

8. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Thanks so much for this thread. I bought a dock on eBay that was supposed to be for the 3G. When it arrived it was the iPhone dock. I paid .99 cents plus shipping ,and thought it would just end up in my drawer not to be used at all.

I used a cone shaped sanding bit on my Dremel and ten minutes later is was a perfect fit.

Thanks again, it's posts threads like this that makes MacRumors such an invaluable place. Major thumbs UP.