Customizing Chat Balloon Colors!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by WVUAppleSeed, May 14, 2008.

1. WVUAppleSeed macrumors newbie

So I just updated my Customize app, and suddenly there are like 3 themes in the Customize part of Installer. I really want different colors and options for my SMS chat balloons and I don't want to do it through coding or whatever. Is there an app I can install that has images that will show up in Customize? Help! Thanks guys! :):confused:

2. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

I just did this and it took me a long time to figure it out (I'm new to jailbreaking)! Go to Theme Browser on the main page of Customize, there will be 5 buttons on the bottom (the screen should say Browser at the top). Select the one on the bottom called File Sets. Under there, you will see lots of choices. One will be Chat1 and there is a fileset called SMSbubbles. Install it and then go back to the main Customize screen. Under that, choose Customize Images/Sounds and select Application Images and then go to Chat1 and Chat2. The color choices should be there.

This is one of my favorite mods (besides changing the battery charging image)...I do not like lime green!

I hope that I got that right! Let us know how that works.

3. iClamp macrumors newbie

i don't know much about customize 2.0, but you can change your balloon colors using the patched version of customize 1.21 (custom). it is available through the ipod touched fans repository source. (http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml) you also have to download the "SUID Lib fix" from installer. it is located under "tweaks-(1.1.3)". Under "themes (customize)" download a designer package to get the colors for your balloons. i hope this helps!

4. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

Customize 2.0 did work for me. I also installed the SUID Lib fix.