Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kelmon

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2005
United Kingdom
I'll second that notion. I had installed the Iridium theme and, as part of a bug tracking exercise with Camino & Flash, attempted to uninstall it and go back to standard Tiger Aqua. The results weren't great (uninstaller application didn't work) and I ended up reinstalling Tiger completely since I was completely unable to start iTunes (goodness only knows why it was getting an Out of Memory error). Unless Apple officially adds the ability to customise the look 'n' feel of OS X (beyond the somewhat crappy Blue or Graphite "options") then I'm steering well clear in the future, which is a shame as some themes that I've seen look really good.

TLRedhawke

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2004
As far as haxies go, I found Shapeshifter had some really neat looking themes, but they tended to eat a fair chunk of ram. The Iridium theme, however, is a godsend for me. I've not noticed it affect system performance at all, and it eliminates the unsightly brushed metal from all my windows, as well as making them look clean and consistent. Now if only SmoothTunes would keep its look after an iTunes update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.